- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion
- Are you a GP wanting electronic access to your Veterans’ MATES materials?
Medicines and your kidneys (Sep 2019)Your kidneys play an important role in keeping your body healthy. Their main job is to clear wastes and extra water from the body. Many medicines are also cleared from the body by the kidneys. Your kidney function may be lower as you get older and if you have some medical conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. How well your kidneys work can affect how well some medicines are cleared from the body, and some medicines can affect your kidneys.