Medicines and your kidneys (Sep 2019)
Your kidneys play an important role in keeping your body healthy. Their main job is to clear wastes and extra water from the body. Many medicines are also cleared from the body by the kidneys.
Your kidney function may be lower as you get older, or if you have diabetes or high blood pressure.
How well your kidneys work affects how well some medicines are cleared from the body. In addition, some medicines can affect your kidneys.
- Cumulative medicines risk (AUG 2022)
- COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine Information (JUN 2022)
- Persistent Pain (APR 2022)
- High Res tools for mental wellbeing (NOV 2021)
- Understanding your diuretic medicines (SEP 2021)
Veterans’ MATES Report 2022 - Delivering innovative initiatives to those most in need
Our latest report features how the program has improved veteran health and the impact the program has had beyond the veteran community.Download PDF