Medicines and your kidneys (Sep 2019)
Your kidneys play an important role in keeping your body healthy. Their main job is to clear wastes and extra water from the body. Many medicines are also cleared from the body by the kidneys.
Your kidney function may be lower as you get older, or if you have diabetes or high blood pressure.
How well your kidneys work affects how well some medicines are cleared from the body. In addition, some medicines can affect your kidneys.
- Optimising use of the Annual Diabetes Cycle of Care
- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion
Veterans’ MATES Report 2021 – The Journey to Improved Veteran Health
This report walks through the Veterans’ MATES journey over the last 17 years, recognising the value of long-term health initiatives and bringing the veteran community on a journey to better health.Download PDF