Preventing falls (Mar 2018)
Being unsteady on your feet can be worrying, particularly if you have fallen in the past. You might feel that there is nothing that can be done to help and that it’s just one of those things that happen as you get older. By talking to your GP and working through things together, small changes can be made to help keep you steady on your feet and reduce your chance of having a fall.
- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion
- Are you a GP wanting electronic access to your Veterans’ MATES materials?
Veterans' MATES Report 2016 - 2017 Improving care of older veterans
Our latest report provides an overview of the Veterans’ MATES program’s recent achievements, and the impact of initiatives in keeping veterans healthy.Download PDF