COPD – Keeping well this winter (Mar 2017)
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is an umbrella term for a number of lung diseases that can make breathing difficult. This includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
For many people with COPD, winter can be a time for flare-ups. Your doctor might call this an exacerbation. Even though COPD is a long-term condition, there are things you can do to slow the disease and improve your day-to-day life.
- Optimising use of the Annual Diabetes Cycle of Care
- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion
- Are you a GP wanting electronic access to your Veterans’ MATES materials?