Medicines and hot weather (Nov 2014)
In Australia, we all know that periods of extremely hot weather are common during summer, yet we don’t often think about how the heat affects our health. Some medicines can affect how the body responds to heat, and people taking these medicines may be more susceptible to developing heat-related illness. Together with your doctor and pharmacist, it’s a good idea to make a plan to stay healthy in the heat before the hot weather starts.
- Optimising use of the Annual Diabetes Cycle of Care
- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion
- Are you a GP wanting electronic access to your Veterans’ MATES materials?