Statins (Sep 2013)
It is very important that you are familiar with your medicine(s) and understand why you are taking them. Medicines can bring benefits, but also carry some risks. People respond to them differently, so it may take time for your doctor to find the best medicine and dose for you. Your doctor and pharmacist can help you understand your medicines, explain why you are taking them, and address your concerns.
This brochure answers important questions regarding medicines in general, and statin medicines in particular.
- Optimising use of the Annual Diabetes Cycle of Care
- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion