Opioid-induced constipation (Jun 2011)
About 3.2 million Australians have chronic pain. Opioid medicines may be used to manage moderate to severe pain. A common side effect of opioid medicines is constipation. The right laxatives can help to manage constipation caused by these medicines.
- Optimising use of the Annual Diabetes Cycle of Care
- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion