Osteoporosis (Jun 2008) - Archived
When bones lose calcium, they become fragile and brittle. This is called osteoporosis. Brittle and fragile bones can break more easily. Even a minor bump or fall can cause a serious fracture.
Both women and men can be affected by osteoporosis. The good news is osteoporosis can be treated.
- Optimising use of the Annual Diabetes Cycle of Care
- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion
- Are you a GP wanting electronic access to your Veterans’ MATES materials?