The Department of Veterans' Affairs has developed the Veterans' Medicines Advice and Therapeutics Education Services (Veterans' MATES) project with the aim of improving the use of medicines and related health services in the veteran community.
Medicines and your kidneys (Sep 2019)
Your kidneys play an important role in keeping your body healthy. Their main job is to clear wastes and extra water from the body. Many medicines are also cleared from the body by the kidneys.
Your kidney function may be lower as you get older, or if you have diabetes or high blood pressure.
How well your kidneys work affects how well some medicines are cleared from the body. In addition, some medicines can affect your kidneys.
- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion
- Are you a GP wanting electronic access to your Veterans’ MATES materials?