Veterans’ Mates is committed to ensuring that its findings are captured and disseminated to advance the quality use of medicines and improve health outcomes of not only Australian veterans, but the wider community. A number of academic publications and presentations have arisen from the Veterans’ Mates program.
- SSRIs and opioids more than double the risk of hip fracture
- DVA Wound Care Module
- New Australian Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Not sure of the Home Medicines Review process?
- Dementia Awareness
- Latest Veterans’ MATES research looks at anticholinergic medicines and the risk of confusion
- Are you a GP wanting electronic access to your Veterans’ MATES materials?
Sleep well (Jun 2019)Our overall health needs a good night’s sleep - we feel less stress, are better able to concentrate and remember things, have lower blood pressure, and healthier immunity. An occasional bad night’s sleep isn’t a problem; it happens to us all. When we have trouble sleeping for more than a week or two, it can start to affect our day-to-day life.